Sunday, June 3, 2007

Bet you guys thought I wasn't ever going to type on this thing. Truth is, internet and time have both been scarce thus far in Europe. I wonàt type long because the bed is calling my name, but here are a few thoughts that will have more elaboration soon:

Munich is much like many of the Germans that inhabit it; quiet, stern, and expecting respect from its visitors. I loved how quiet it (and Germany as a whole) is. It's like everyone just wants to take life in.

Bad Toelz is one of the most beautiful towns I have ever visited. I wish I could remember more of my time there. The people were warm and inviting, and there was so much vibrant energy all around.

Venice is amazing. The depth of that city is unbelievable. It has its visitors fooled into thinking it's all glitz and glamour, and satisfies those looking for such things. I think that it will go as deep as the traveler wants to go, with such a labryinth of alleys, streets, and canals. I could have photographed detail shots for a week and never found two shots that were similar.

If you're on a tight budget and still want to see Europe, go by train. I've seen so much just from a window.

That's all for tonight. Florence tomorrow, Rome the day after, then Kara heads home and I meet up with my classmates for a few days in Naples followed by a few days in Rome. After that, it's off to Cortona. I'll stick pics up whenever I get the chance. Until then, ciao.

-msr

No comments: